Are you planning to buy or renovate a kitchen in Germany? If so, you might wonder how much a kitchen cost in Germany and what factors affect the price.
A kitchen is one of a house’s most important and expensive rooms. It is also a reflection of your personal style and taste. Therefore, choosing a kitchen that suits your needs and budget can be challenging.
You need to consider various aspects, such as the size, layout, design, functionality, materials, appliances, and installation of your kitchen.
In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide on kitchen costs – in Germany, covering the average modern German kitchen prices, the main components, the quality levels, and the tips and tricks to save money when renovating or building your entire kitchen.
What Are The Typical Prices For Kitchens In Germany?
One of the factors that can affect the cost of a kitchen in Germany is the tax difference between different types of kitchens. There are two types of kitchens in Germany: fitted kitchens (Einbauküchen) and movable kitchens (Küchenmöbel).
A fitted kitchen is a kitchen that is permanently installed in a specific room and cannot be easily moved or changed. A fitted kitchen usually includes all the cabinets, countertops, sink, faucet, appliances, lighting, and electrical work.
the average price of a fitted kitchen in Germany can vary depending on several factors such as the size, materials, and design options. Here are some estimated costs:
The average price of a fitted kitchen in Germany is around 10,000 euros, but it can range from 5,000 euros to 25,000 euros or more, according to Kitchenadvisor.de. The exact cost depends on the size, model, materials, manufacturer, and kitchen installation.
A movable kitchen is a kitchen that is not permanently installed and can be easily moved or changed. A movable kitchen usually includes only some cabinets, appliances, and sink.
Wondering why German apartments don’t have kitchens? Read this article!
Factors That Affect The Kitchen Cost in Germany
With kitchens all clear, but how much will a house cost you in Germany?
When it comes to kitchen installation costs in Germany, several factors play a significant role in determining the overall expenditure. Understanding these factors can help you plan your budget more effectively.
Whether you’re setting up a new German apartment or renovating an existing one to include your dream kitchen, considering the following aspects will help you manage costs better:
1. Size and Model of Your New German Kitchen
The size and model of your kitchen directly impact the expenses involved. The choice of kitchen cabinets and light fixtures can influence the overall cost. Opting for German kitchen designs, known for their efficiency and aesthetics, might be a priority.
It’s best to explore different kitchen studios and stores to find the perfect fit for your new kitchen.
Here are three sizes of kitchens and their estimated costs in Germany:
- Size: A small kitchen typically has a total area of around 6-8 square meters.
- Cost: A small kitchen can range from 3,000 EUR to 4,000 EUR on average.
- Size: A medium-sized kitchen usually has a total area of around 10-12 square meters.
- Cost: The cost of a medium-sized kitchen can vary, but it is generally in the range of 4,000 EUR to 6,000 EUR.
- Size: A large kitchen typically has a total area of 15 square meters or more.
- Cost: The cost of a large kitchen can range from 6,000 EUR to 10,000 EUR or more, depending on the design, materials, and appliances.
2. Kitchen Materials
Selecting the right materials is crucial for both the look and durability of your kitchen. Research various kitchen brands to find the best quality materials that suit your preferences. Additionally, consider any necessary electrical work to ensure all appliances are properly integrated into your German kitchen.
Common Kitchen Material Prices
Here are the common prices of German kitchen appliances and materials, according to german-kitchens-cardiff.co.uk:
On average, people in Germany pay between 100 EUR and 250 EUR per linear meter of kitchen cabinet.
The cost of worktops can vary depending on the material used. For example, laminate worktops can cost around 50 EUR per meter, while solid surface worktops such as quartz or Corian can cost around 300 EUR per meter.
The cost of kitchen appliances can vary depending on the brand and features. Entry-level appliances cost around 1,000 EUR, while high-end appliances cost several thousand euros.
Sink and faucet
The sink and faucet cost can vary depending on the brand and material. For example, a stainless steel sink can cost around 100 EUR, while a high-end sink made of granite or ceramic can cost several hundred euros.
The cost of lighting can vary depending on the type and number of fixtures. For example, recessed lighting can cost around 50 EUR per fixture, while pendant lighting can cost several hundred euros.
Cookware and kitchen utensils
German cookware and kitchen utensils can be purchased online or in specialty stores. Prices can vary depending on the brand and type of product.
3. Kitchen Manufacturer
Choosing a reputable German kitchen store or manufacturer can significantly impact the overall cost. Factors such as the type of kitchen sink, appliances, cabinets, and oven you select will influence the final expense.
Many manufacturers offer various financing options to help manage the cost of your ideal kitchen room. Keep in mind that factors like the quality of the doors, kitchen cabinets, and furniture will contribute to the longevity and appeal of your kitchen.
4. Delivery, Assembly, and Installation of the German Kitchen
The logistics of delivering, assembling, and installing your kitchen components should not be overlooked. Properly installing cupboards, setting up appliances, and ensuring all elements fit seamlessly within the kitchen or apartment space requires meticulous planning.
Appliances like the fridge and oven need to be integrated with precision, considering the layout of walls and available space.
Get the cheapest coverage for just 2 EUR per month.
Cost of kitchen installment in Germany
Here’s a breakdown of the factors you need to pay attention to during the process:
- Installation Cost: On average, the cost of installation hovers around 200 EUR per linear meter of kitchen cabinets. This gives you a bit of an idea of what to expect in terms of labor expenses. However, keep in mind that this cost might vary based on the specific provider, the process’s complexity, and the work’s quality.
- Delivery and Final Installment: Apart from the installation itself, there are additional expenses to factor in. Depending on your chosen provider, delivery charges can range from 100 to 500 EUR. Ensuring that all the parts of your kitchen are delivered safely and in good condition is crucial to avoiding potential issues down the line.
- Customization and Luxury: If your tastes lean toward the luxury end, expect the costs to reflect that. Custom cabinet designs, specialized materials, and intricate woodwork can significantly elevate the price. Remember, investing in high-quality components can ensure the longevity of your kitchen.
- Time and Hourly Rates: Some providers may charge hourly rates for their services, especially if the installation process is complex. It’s important to clarify these terms beforehand to avoid any surprises in the final bill.
- Units and Layout: The number of units in your kitchen and its layout can influence costs. A larger kitchen with more cabinets and wall space will naturally incur higher expenses for installation.
Cheapest Kitchen Setup in Germany
Creating an affordable kitchen setup in Germany requires strategic planning and smart choices. Whether you’re moving into a new house or aiming for your dream kitchen on a budget, consider the following factors to achieve a cost-effective yet functional setup:
- Kitchen Studios: Exploring various kitchen studios can help you find budget-friendly options for your new kitchen. These studios often offer a range of designs and cabinets that suit your needs without breaking the bank.
- Space Optimization: Utilize the available space effectively by choosing compact cabinets and storage solutions. This can help you avoid unnecessary expenses associated with larger installations.
- Double Sinks: While having double sinks might seem luxurious, evaluating if you truly need them is essential. Opting for a single sink can save costs in terms of both installation and materials.
- Appliances: Prioritize essential appliances like a modest-sized refrigerator and a basic dishwasher if necessary. Choosing energy-efficient options can also lead to long-term savings.
- Doors and Cabinets: Consider cost-effective options for doors and cabinets that still maintain functionality. You can find budget-friendly materials and finishes that mimic more expensive choices.
- Installation: To cut costs further, consider assembling and installing certain components yourself. This approach can help you save on professional installation fees.
- Walls: Instead of extensive renovations, work with existing walls to minimize expenses. Simple solutions like painting or applying cost-effective wall coverings to the kitchen room can refresh the space without a significant financial outlay.
Remember, creating an economical kitchen setup doesn’t mean compromising entirely on your vision. With careful planning, a mix of practical choices, and a focus on essential elements, you can achieve a new kitchen that will look and feel comfortable without straining your budget.
To protect your expensive kitchen and other valuable items in the apartment, you need to get household content insurance, which is just 2 EUR per month but can save you so much!
Good Quality To Look For With A Higher Budget
When you have a more substantial budget to invest in your kitchen, you can focus on achieving the highest levels of quality and functionality. Here’s what to consider when looking for top-notch features, especially in the context of kitchen studios and German kitchens:
German Kitchens and Kitchen Studios
Investing in German kitchens or exploring specialized kitchen studios can provide you access to superior craftsmanship and innovative designs that make the most of your budget.
Allocate funds to quality appliances that enhance your cooking experience. A high-end stove and refrigerator can elevate your kitchen’s aesthetics and performance.
With a higher budget, you can afford professional installation that ensures every detail is meticulously addressed. This not only saves you time but also guarantees a flawless installation.
Materials and Finishes
Quality materials for your cabinets, walls, and countertops are crucial for aesthetics and durability. Opt for finishes that complement your overall design and are built to withstand the test of time.
A larger budget allows for more customization. Tailor your kitchen design to your preferences, ensuring it aligns perfectly with your house layout and functional needs.
When investing more money, you can expect more attention to detail. Intricate design elements and thoughtful features can make your kitchen truly exceptional.
High-end appliances often have advanced features that enhance your cooking capabilities. Consider features like convection ovens, steam ovens, and built-in microwave options.
While your budget is more flexible, it’s still essential to be mindful of prices. Compare different options within your range to ensure you get the best value for your investment.
A higher budget allows you to include all desired features without compromise. From lighting fixtures to specialized storage solutions, you can ensure your kitchen is complete and meets your every need.
With a greater budget, you can create a kitchen that goes beyond the ordinary.
By focusing on superior materials, top-of-the-line appliances, and expert installation, you’re not just purchasing a kitchen – you’re investing in a space that reflects your taste and enhances your cooking and dining experiences.
How To Find The Best Kitchen Store For Kitchen Cabinets?
When searching for the best kitchen store to purchase kitchen cabinets, consider the following steps to ensure a successful shopping experience.
1. Begin Your Search
Start by researching different options in your area. Use search engines, online directories, and social media to find stores that specialize in kitchen cabinets. Include terms like kitchen cabinet store, kitchen cabinet shop, and kitchen cabinet retailer in your search.
2. Evaluate the Store’s Reputation
Look for reviews and testimonials from previous customers. This can give you insights into the quality of their products, installation services, and customer satisfaction. Keep an eye out for comments on installation, repair, and wood to gauge the store’s overall reliability.
3. Compare Prices
Price is an essential factor in your decision-making process. While searching, pay attention to phrases like price and luxury. Different stores may offer varying price points, so compare prices for similar cabinet styles and materials.
4. Explore the Range
A good kitchen cabinet store should have a diverse selection of cabinets. Look for phrases like cabinet, wood, and luxury to identify if they offer a wide range of options, from basic to high-end designs.
5. Check Installation Services
If you’re looking for assistance with installation, ensure that the store provides installation services. Look for phrases like install and plumbing to see if they cover aspects beyond cabinet placement.
6. Visit the Store
If possible, visit the store in person to assess the quality of the cabinets and the materials used. This is an opportunity to examine the craftsmanship and the types of wood used in the cabinets. While there, inquire about any ongoing sales or discounts.
7. Inquire About Customization
If you have specific requirements or a unique kitchen layout, inquire about the possibility of custom-made cabinets. Use phrases like custom cabinets and specific measurements during your conversation.
8. Ask About Brands
Inquire about the brands they sell. If a store carries reputable brands known for their durability and quality, it’s a good sign.
9. Consider Store Policies
Look into their return, refund, and warranty policies. These policies can greatly impact your satisfaction with the purchase, especially when it comes to the phrases repairs and hours.
10 . Additional Offerings
Some stores may offer more than just cabinets. They might sell other kitchen-related stuff like hardware, countertops, and appliances. This could be convenient if you’re looking for a one-stop shop for your kitchen renovation.
11. Online Research
If you’re considering a specific store like IKEA, research their products, customer experiences, and pricing online. Include the store’s name and phrases like IKEA kitchen cabinets review to gather information.
12. Finally, Make Your Decision
After thoroughly researching and considering all factors, choose the kitchen store that aligns with your requirements, budget, and preferences.
By incorporating these steps and phrases into your search and evaluation process, you’ll be well-equipped to find the best kitchen store for your desired cabinets.
Quick Tips To Save Money On New Kitchens and Apartments in Germany
Here are five quick tips to help you save money on setting up a new kitchen and apartment in Germany:
- Plan and Budget: Before you begin, create a detailed budget outlining your spending limits for the new kitchen and apartment. Stick to your budget to avoid overspending on unnecessary items.
- Prioritize Essentials: Identify essential items for your kitchen and apartment, such as basic furniture, appliances, and kitchen tools. Focus on these necessities before considering optional or luxury items.
- Second-Hand and Sales: Explore second-hand shops, online marketplaces, and sales events to find quality furniture and appliances at a fraction of the cost. Many pre-owned items are in excellent condition and can help you save significantly.
- DIY and Simple Upgrades: Consider doing some do-it-yourself (DIY) projects and simple upgrades. Painting walls, furniture assembling, and minor repairs can save labor costs. However, it’s best to hire professionals for complex tasks like plumbing or electrical work.
- Comparative Shopping: Compare prices and offerings from different stores and suppliers for both your kitchen and apartment needs. This way, you can find the best deals and discounts available.
Remember that careful planning, research, and a willingness to make cost-conscious decisions can lead to significant savings while setting up your new kitchen and apartment in Germany.
Final Thoughts About Kitchen Cost – Germany
In conclusion, understanding the costs involved in creating or renovating a kitchen in Germany is essential to making informed decisions. Whether you’re leaning towards a fitted or movable kitchen, the size, materials, and design choices significantly determine the final expenses.
Quality, customization, and reputable manufacturers are key considerations that align with your budget. Exploring various kitchen studios, evaluating materials, and comparing prices can help you balance affordability and functionality.
To delve deeper into this topic and access valuable resources, click the links to empower your kitchen project decisions and support our blog’s mission.